Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wet Paint and Plein Air Trippin'! GO!!

And . . . he's off!!!  The plein-air trippin' has officially started!!  Can't believe the time is already here.  I always cry when he leaves and he probably cries because he'll wonder what project I'm going to take on while he's gone . . . I think he's probably pretty scared wondering what will be changed in the house when he returns!  bahaha!!  Oh, let's just make him wonder!!

So anywho, he will be up bright and early at the crack of dawn, painting a little somethin somethin in the morning!  Can't wait to see what he comes up with!!  He got a little practice in up in Midway and Heber a couple of weeks ago--always a favorite place to paint!  This one won 2nd Place Overall.  People were like "plein air?  This is plein air??"

"Park City Puzzle"
16 x 12
Yes, plein air!!  I know - how does he do this?  This one took 3 morning sessions on the parking terrace in Park City - luckily the weather stayed consistent.  Loved it - and there wasn't really anything else like this in the competition . . . I know, shocking, huh?  

This one won the 2nd Place Purchase Award from Zion's Bank.  Nice choice, Zion's!  

"Fourth of July Sparklers"
11 x 14
SOLD
The week was full of great subject matter and perfect lighting listen to me . . . good lighting . . and long shadows . . . Oh I'm getting this painterly talk down . . . Check these out and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about here!  

"The Letter Z"
8 x 10
"Selected"
11 x 14
"Grazing"
8 x 10
"Posts"
11 x 14
Haha!  Most people would leave out the posts . . . not Doug - awesome posts . . . and what an awesome week in Midway and Heber.  I went up on Tuesday to hang out and we really enjoyed rubbing shoulders with a lot of great artists up there, AND checking out all the fun shops on main street.  That's fun too!!   

He then had a week to get ready for his road trip and in the midst of getting 20 boards and frames ready to go, we got to enjoy a little "Wicked" family outing!  Yes, we do enjoy a little wicked now and again!!  Last fall, I did some work for an attorney friend of mine and when he paid me, I just turned around and bought 8 tickets to Wicked!  Total surprise to the family.  What a blast!  Dinner at Cheesecake Factory just before the show and then . . . Holy Wicked Awesome, Batman!!  I'm not gonna lie--I had ultimate high expectations and, no, I wasn't the least disappointed.  I had cold chills from the get go.  

Okay - the "Trippin" pricing starts now!  Anything posted from now through August 4th or 5th (whenever Doug returns) will be "wet paint priced!"  Text, call or email me if you're ready to start or add to your Braithwaite painting collection!!  Can I MAKE this any easier to be a Braithwaite collector??  Here's a picture of me being very serious about selling awesome paintings . . . and also having mustache day at work in honor of one of our team members who has a mustache just like this . . . yeah, it's what I do . . . 

The top painting is at Terzian Gallery (Park City Puzzle) so that one is excluded, but everything else, not showing "sold" is game!  

Talk soon!  I'm serious!  

J'net 'n Jeff holdin' the fort down . . .

4 comments:

  1. You are looking way too serious Jeanette! Can't wait to see the rest of the trippin' paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm very serious about being serious! Bahaha! That's probably the longest I held a straight face! Hope to see you in Helper!

      Delete
  2. Connie and I just saw the top one at Terzian. Amazing! And the "Letter Z" was at Helper.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great paintings, both of them! I've got some more to post! Hoping to get that in tonight!! The night is young! There's that time that's completely wasted between 2 and 6 am . . . who needs sleep, really??

      Delete